Jalapeno Blue Cheese Steak Sauce
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Submitted and Edited by Toast from a quick post by BenOfTheJungle. Photos by Toast
This is a blue cheese sauce that I use for steaks.
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Jalepenos
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese (real, not salad dressing!)
- 3 tablespoons butter (keep both the cheese and the butter really cold)
- First off, devein and take the seeds out of the jalepenos. With this sauce you want the flavor of the jalepenos and not the heat.
- Next do a fine dice of the jalepenos and saute over medium heat. Add chicken stock and increase to high heat and simmer until the stock reduces by half.
- Photographers note: I added some garlic cause... well I like garlic.
- Start incorporating one tablespoon at a time of both the blue cheese and the butter into the chicken stock. As you are adding the butter and cheese to the stock, whisk the HELL out of the mixture to put air into it which adds body to the sauce.
- Do not add the second tablespoons of butter or blue cheese to the stock until the first tablespoons of each are melted into the sauce. After all the cheese and butter is incorporated into the sauce whisk until it reaches a light thickness.
- You're done! Serve on steak and make instant friends. If you like blue cheese this is as killer as it sounds.