Thai Chili Pepper Beef
Submitted by Fargelsnarf
Uploaded by Toast
- 750g of rump steak, cut into strips
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1-2tbsp thai red curry paste (i just used sauce)
- 1 onion cut into wedges(i used 2 as they were fairly small onions)
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped(colour doesn't really matter its just for presentation)
- baby sweetcorn(use canned if preferred)
- 220g can of bamboo shoots
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- 125 ml beef stock
- 2-3 birdseye chillis(optional)
- can of waterchestnuts(this is optional, i just like them)
- Place the strips of beef, the minced garlic, the grated ginger, the chopped chillis and curry paste into a bowl and give it a good mix around.
- This is the mess you will end up with
- If you are using fresh sweetcorn, you can cook it quickly by putting it in a bowl with 2 tbsp of water, covering with film and then put it in the microwave for about 3 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the beef and stir fry until the beef is brown.
- When its brown take the beef out and set to the side. In the same pan you did the beef in add the wedges of onion and stir-fry for about 3 minutes over a medium heat. you may need to add a bit more oil.
- When the onions are golden add the bell peppers, corn, bamboo shoots and the water chestnuts and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until the vegtables are tender.
- Now return the beef to the pan, stir in the fish sauce, the stock and the sugar(thats what that brown dollop is) give it a good stir and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep an eye on the level of the stock, you want to reduce it but not too much.
- When the beef is tender its time to serve, i had these snazzy wee hot platey things lying around so i decided to use them, i just love the sound of the food sizzling as it hits the hot iron.
and thats it.