Spicy Coconut Beef
Submitted by Vogon Poet
I threw together this recipe with some inspiration from other Thai recipes on GWS. It turned out quite well, so I decided to post it here. I found this meal to have a pretty nice kick to it; if you don't care for particularly spicy food you should use less sriracha.
- one half pound of beef
- half of an onion
- two cloves garlic, minced
- one teaspoon grated ginger
- 125 mL coconut milk
- two tablespoons sriracha
- one tablespoon fish sauce
- one tablespoon lime juice
- one tablespoon brown sugar
- one teaspoon corn starch
- peanut oil
- two cups (cooked volume) rice
- Put the coconut milk, sriracha, fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and corn starch in a bowl.
- Mix them together, then add and mix in the garlic and ginger.
- Cut the beef into thin strips.
- Put the beef into the sauce mixture.
- Cut up the onion. Also, if you have not cooked the rice, you should start that cooking by now.
- Put some peanut oil in your skillet and heat over medium heat, then put the onion in.
- After a couple minutes, add the beef and sauce.
- Cook over medium heat while stirring regularly until the beef is all cooked.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
- I didn't have any this time but cilantro makes a nice garnish.