Quick, easy and useful with all sort of the dips this recipe is super adaptable.
- 1 Bag of Pita Bread pockets(buying day old doesn't hurt to keep costs down if you're making tons)
- Olive Oil
- Cut the pita bread in half by slicing around the edge, you should have two circles, each with a rough inside and a smoother outside
- Slice into triangles (or strips if you prefer) if you have a sharp pizza cutter I find stacking 3 or 4 of them and pushing through works well for speed cutting.
- With someone helping you hopefully to speed things up, use pastry brushes to brush the rough side of the triangles with a healthy amount of olive oil, then lay on a baking sheet
- Sprinkle chips with your chosen spices (see below)
- Bake at 350 or using a broil setting until they're done. They turn golden brown
- One bag of pita pockets = a fairly large bowl of chips
- With Tzatziki
- With Taramasalata
- As the foundation crispy bit for Chaat
- With other tasty dips, they're great with a reasonably creamy Spinach Dip as well
- On their own they're a tasty reasonably healthy snack, especially with whole grain pita.
- Good Salt
- Fresh Ground pepper
- I use a salt/garlic/pepper blend
- Montreal Steak Spice
- dried dill
- Garam Masala (great if you're using these for Chaat or other indian type things)