Peanut Butter Brownies
This is a crosspost from http://www.crepesofwrath.net if you enjoyed this recipe please head over there and check out the other 250+ recipes with step by step photos just like this one. Also, any feedback on the layout you can give me would be much appreciated.
I made these peanut butter brownies a week or two ago when I wanted something sweet in a hurry. They're rich, chewy, and oh-so peanut buttery. I used both peanut butter chips and chocolate chips, so every bite was filled with little creamy bits of peanut butter or chocolate. I whipped these up in no time at all. You can even add anything you want; candy bits, nuts, different kinds of chips, etc. Versatile, simple, and delicious! Eat them with a scoop of ice cream or all on their own! Either way, you're sure to love these tasty little treats.
Beat together the brown sugar and eggs.
Add in the melted butter, honey, molasses, and vanilla and mix well.
Mix in the salt and flour and scrape down the bowl to make sure everything is combined well.
Fold in the peanut butter chips by hand.
Spread the batter into a greased and/or lined 9x13 pan (I highly recommend lining the pan with foil so you can easily lift the brownies out of the pan when you're ready to cut them). Sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips over the batter and bake at 375 degrees F for about 30 minutes. If they start to brown too much on top, like mine did, cover the pan in foil and bake until the brownies are set and a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely before cutting (unless you want to serve them warm).
Slice into squares and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Brownies
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups light or dark brown sugar, firmly packed (I used dark)
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons clover honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and move the rack to the middle position. Grease and/or line a 9×13-inch pan.
2. Beat together the eggs and brown sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in the peanut butter, melted butter, molasses, honey, and vanilla, and mix well. Add in the salt and flour, scraping down the bowl to make sure everything is evenly combined. Fold in the 1 cup of peanut butter chips by hand.
3. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips over the top of the batter. Bake for 30 minutes, or until set and a toothpick comes out clean. If the top of the brownies start to brown too quickly (as mine did), cover the pan with tinfoil and place it back in the oven to finish baking. Serve warm or allow to cool and cut into squares. Makes 20-24 brownies.