Peach-Habanero and Jack Daniels Barbecue Sauce
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A sweet with heat sauce that makes a great addition to chicken, pulled pork and other things. You can reduce the heat by going with a less intense pepper, personally I really love the contrast from the Habanero.
- Habanero to taste (one small pepper is enough for a single batch for most)
- 1 cup onion (white or vidalia) - chopped
- ~1 pound of peaches - chopped
- 2 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 1 TBSP Chili Powder
- 1/2 TBSP Cayenne
- Pinch Salt
- 1/4 Cup Jack Daniels
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 TSP Dry Mustard
- 1 TBSP Minced Garlic
- Saute the onions in some vegetable oil until soft, when about half way throw in the loosely chopped pepper(s)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Blend until it's the desired consistency, either in a blender or with an immersion blender.
- Enjoy on just about anything.