Guacamole by pr0k
- 2 fresh haas avocados
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 fresh tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 large or 2 small green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/4 tsp salt, or more to taste
- juice of 1-2 limes, to taste
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- leaves from 3-4 sprigs cilantro, chiffonade (cut into thin ribbons,) to taste
Halve the avocados and remove pits. Score the flesh lightly with the tip of a paring knife making parallel cuts lengthwise and crosswise so the flesh is cut into about 1/2 inch squares. Scoop the flesh out with a spoon. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss gently with a spatula until evenly mixed. Taste and adjust seasoning. Cover with plastic wrap. Gently press the wrap down onto the guacamole so there is no air touching it. Place in the refrigerator and wait at least an hour before serving for the flavors to marry.
Use italian parsley in place of the cilantro if you are genetically sensitive to the flavor. Do not overdo the cilantro if you use it. It has a strong flavor and will overpower the other ingredients.