Fried burrito w/ Moros y Cristianos filler
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(order rearranged to put ingredients first)
Who are you kidding, you don't read the ingredients list anyway. Right to the pics.
- 1 med onion
- 1 med grn bell pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- .5 tsp red pepper flake
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.5 cups short grain rice (I used sushi)
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- Half a can of green chilies
- 15 oz can prepared black beans
- 15 oz can prepared pinto beans
- ~2 cups water to begin with, I added by my estimation another .5-.75 cup water.
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Sour cream
- 1. Chop that shit up.
- 2. Interogate the bell pepper, onion, garlic, bay leaf, cumin, thyme, and red pepper flakes in a tbsp olive oil on med high heat for about 7 mins.
- 3. Add the half can of chilies (I used a small can mind you), tomato, rice, water, and vinegar. Bring to boil, back off, then simmer for ~15 mins, or until rice is tender.
- 4. Obligatory pet shot with appetizing blanket action.
- 5. Don't be a slob. And eat your bananas before they liquify on the counter.
- 6. When rice is tender, add the beans. They only need to heat through. This concludes the first half of operations.
- 7. Lay out the filling on a tortila, and then dig a trench in the middle. Fill with sour cream and cilantro.
- 8. Fry that shit up. Notice the tooth picks for stability.
- 9. Top with whatever you please. I just used my favorite storebought "Emerald Valley" salsa and more cilantro, enabling me to eat it with my hands (carefully), and washed the meal down with a strong 'nitas. Enjoy!