Coffee Braised Beef with Orange and Cinnamon
I absolutely love this recipe, and I share it with you! This makes the house smell fantastic.
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups strong brewed coffee
- 3 (3- by 1-inch) strips fresh orange zest
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 (3 1/2-lb) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat your oven to 325
Start with a nicely chopped up onion
Go ahead and brown up the onions in your olive oil
While waiting for this, salt & pepper up your meat
After about 6 minutes they'll be golden and you can add the rest of the ingredients
Combine the seasoned meat with everything else
Throw in the oven for 3.5-4 hours. Your house will smell amazing. Once it's all done take out and enjoy.
I'm making this for a pot luck for work so I don't have sides to go with it. Previously I've made rosemary olive oil potatoes along with sesame seed orange carrots.