Bleu Peanut Butter and Cherry Sandwich
Submitted by derMoerder
This is a dish from my four-course cheese menu for Iron Chef SA XV:The Big Cheesy
- Parmesan-Corn Soup
- Goat Cheese Tart
- Bleu Peanut Butter and Cherry Sandwich
- Cheese Mousse with Summer Berries
This may seem a little strange as a dessert but it's a really nice and ultimately sweet combination of flavors as long as the cheese is on the mild end of the spectrum. Too strong and it can overwhelm everything. I would also be comfortable serving this as a segue from savory to sweet, after an entrée and before a more traditional dessert.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1/2 C Cherry Sorbet
- 2 oz Mild Bleu Cheese
- 4 Peanut Butter Biscotti, store-bought or made from this recipe
- 2 Tbsp Orange-Blossom Honey
- Make the sorbet using a 1lb bag of frozen cherries. Let freeze.
- Bake the biscotti, omitting the last step of toasting the cookies. It's better if they're a bit softer here so you can cut through them with a fork instead of pushing the hard cookie around the plate.
- Slice the bleu cheese into triangles around 1/8in thick, one per plate.
- Arrange the dish as pictured and drizzle with a bit of the honey. Serve.