Banana Bread Pudding (Bánh chuối nướng)
Shit this stuff is tasty. Heavy, sweet banana flavour, but not overpowering. Great way to use leftover bread and bananas that are too ripe to eat by themselves (I'm picky that way). Very cheap, very easy (kids could make this). Bananas turn a pretty purple when you cook them for this long, it's normal.
- 4-5 overripe bananas.
- ~7 slices of sandwich bread, cubed.
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- Vanilla to taste
- Preheat to 175C/350F
- Mix coco milk and sugar, add vanilla and heat gently.
- Soak bread in milk mixture
- Slice bananas diagonally
- Place one layer of banana in a buttered pan about 20x30cm, a layer of bread, another layer of banana, more bread on top.
- Squeezed it a little together, brushed with butter, wrapped in foil and baked at 175C for an hour.
- Leave to cool for several hours or overnight.
- Served appreciative sister and GF that evening with vanilla ice cream, they liked it a little heated up in the microwave, I preferred it from the fridge. Room temperature might have been a good compromise, but fuck me if I'm gonna let a slice of something this delicious stand on a table in front of me for a full hour.