Revision as of 01:04, 1 May 2009 by Osmo C
- Tarbell's on 32nd and camelback (american fine dining, Scottsdale)
- Vincent's On Camelback (french, Scottsdale)
- Binkley's (french, Savecreek)
- Roaring Fork (southwestern cuisine, scottsdale) This place has gone downhill since i last visited. Food is still good, but service sucks lately.
- Cowboy Ciao (southwestern cuisine, scottsdale)
- Pizzeria Bianco (downtown phx)
- Cibo (downtown phoenix
- Oregano's (several valley locations)
- Fate (downtown phoenix. awesome atmosphere)
- Malee's on Main
- Wild Thaiger
- Bola Thai (Gilbert) a tiny restaurant in a strip mall, but the food is outstanding
- Four Peaks Brewing Company (food is icky, but beer and atmosphere are yummy, Tempe)
- Papago Brewing Company (Scottsdale) Divey beer pub with a *huge* selection of beer
- Gordon Biersch (Tempe)
- Kazmierz World Wine bar (excellent atmosphere and selection, scottsdale)
- Postine wine bar (neato atmosphere, scottsdale, Lauren's fav)
- Old Town Tortilla Factory (me and everyone else hates the food, but people like the atmosphere, scottsdale)
- Tuck Shop (Phoenix) A little restaurant with an upscale but comfortable atmosphere. Portions are on the small side, but oh the tastiness!
- Joe's Farm Grill (Gilbert) A classy, retro diner. They grow much of the food in a farm across the street.
- Cornish Pasty (Tempe) The chillest hole-in-the-wall joint ever. Tasty meat-filled pies abound.
- Phoenix public market every saturday from 8 am to 1 pm (downtown phx)
- Tapinos (north scottsdale)
- Lola Tapas (phoenix)
Burgers and Fries
- Lenny's Burgers
- Located on the Southwest corner of 35th Ave and Thunderbird, Hole in the wall, with great burger. Simple menu, no room to move.
- The Royal Taj
- Located on the Southeast corner of Southern and McClintock in Tempe. Friendly service by owner Raj.
- YC's Mongolian Bar-B-Q
- You get a big bowl and a try, and line up to a Buffet style line where you can choose your frozen meat, fresh veggies, noodles, and sauce. When your bowl is loaded down, you hand it to the very authentic Mongolian (Mexican) and they will put it on a great big, round, 500-degree griddle, and push it around with water. When you get it back, its a bowl of pure love. Grab some peanuts (allergies allowing), Pineapple, and HOT mustard. It is acceptable (and recommended) to compress the ingredients at each stage in the buffet, to maximize the amount of food in your bowl. If you do this correctly, you will end up with enough leftovers for at least two additional meals.
One Location in Tempe, and another near Metro Center in Phoenix
- Chino Bandito's
- Several locations in the valley, including Greenway, and 19th Ave. Mexican meets Chinese with a splash of Jamaican. Featuring all of your favorites and a few new items. Jade Chicken is a personal favorite with all white chicken, topped with a paste of ginger, green onion, salt and garlic (The owner told me so). Meals from this fine eatier can include Sweet and Sour Pork, Cheese Quesadilla, Jerk Fried Rice, and Refried black beans. All combos come with a Snickerdoodle!