Stuporstar's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup Margarine or Butter, soft
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (I use Demerara Sugar)
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Flour (white mix)
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
These cookies contain no gluten, and yet they taste just like my mom's delicious wheat flour cookies. Modifying her recipe was actually pretty easy.
1. Cream the butter (or margarine) and brown sugar. Then beat in the egg and add the vanilla. The batter should be creamy and slightly frothy.
2. Mix your dry ingredients in a separate bowl: flour, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the batter. If you're using a stand mixer, use the lowest setting, otherwise fold the dry ingredients lightly with a spatula. Add the chocolate chips last and fold them gently into the dough with a spatula. You don't want to mix the dough too hard, just enough to get everything mixed in evenly.
4. Preheat your oven to 375° F
5. On a greased baking pan, spoon the dough onto the sheet. You can either make drop cookies by just dropping the dough into evenly spaced blobs, or roll the dough into balls and flatten them on the pan. Make sure the size of the balls (blobs) are relatively uniform or they will bake unevenly.
6. Bake, one sheet at a time, for 9-12 minutes.
7. Let cool and then proceed to pig out.